जवाहर नवोदय विद्यालय,सिली , सिल्वस्सा
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Sili, Silvassa
(An Autonomous body under MHRD) Government of India
'' The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." - Aristotle
Thu, 20 Oct 2016
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Sili, Silvassa
Welcome to Navodaya Vidyalaya Silvassa
The Navodaya Vidyalaya system is a unique experiment unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and else where. Its significance lies in the selection of talented rural children as the target group and the attempt to provide them with quality education comparable to the best in a residential school system. Such children are found in all section of society and in all areas including the most backward. But, so far, good quality education has been available only to well to do section of society, and the poor have been left out. It was felt that children with special talent or aptitude should be provided opportunities to progress at a faster pace, by making good quality education available to them, irrespective of their capacity to pay for it. These talented children otherwise would have been deprived of quality modern education traditionally available only in the urban areas. Such education would enable students from rural areas to compete with their urban counterparts on an equal footing. The national policy on Education-1986 envisaged the setting up of residential schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya that would bring out the best of rural talent.
“Our Main commitment and determination is to transform this U.T. of Dadra & Nagar Haveli to distinguished level as an educational institution to pursue excellence and set pace in the field of school education, thereby bringing the stakeholders to mainstream to remove disbeliefs and backwardness of the area.”
- To serve the objectives of excellence coupled with equity and social justice.
- To promote national integration by providing opportunities to talented children, largely rural, from different part of the country to live and learn together and develop their full potential.
- To provide good quality modern education, including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environmental, adventure activities and physical education.
- To ensure all the students of Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competency in three language as envisaged in the three language formula ; and
- To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in quality of school education through sharing of experiences and facilities.
- JNVST: Entrance on the basis of Merit
Navodaya Vidyalayas draw their students strength from talented children, selected on the basis of a merit test, called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test, designed, developed and conducted by NCERT initially and now, by the CBSE. The test is held annually on all India basis and at block and district levels. It is objective, class neutral and is so designed as to ensure that rural children are not at a disadvantage.
- Reservation for Rural, S.C., S.T. and Girl students
Admission in JNVs are primarily for children from the rural areas, with provision of 75% seats for rural children. Seats are reserved for children from the SC, ST communities in proportion to their population in the district but not less than the national average. 1/3 of the seats are for girls students. 3% of the seats are for disabled children.
- Co-educational Residential School with free Education
Navodaya Vidyalayas offer free education to talented children from Class-VI to XII. Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated to the CBSE. Entry to a Navodaya Vidyalaya is in Class VI along with lateral entry into class IX & XI.Each Navodaya Vidyalaya is a co-educational residential institution providing free boarding and lodging ,expenses on uniforms ,text books, stationery to and from rail and bus fare. However ,a nominal fee @ Rs.200/ - per month is charged from students of class IX to XII for Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi.The student belonging to SC ,ST categories ,girls ,are exempted from this fee.
The regionally languages are generally the medium of instruction from class VI to VIII .From Class –IX onwards ,it is English for Science and Mathematics and Hindi for Humanities subjects.
- Promotion of National Integration
Navodaya Vidyalaya’s aim through migration scheme. It is an inter-regional exchange of students between Hindi and Non-Hindi speaking States and vice – versa ,which takes place for one academic year. Efforts are made to promote better understanding of the unity in diversity and cultural heritage through various activities.
- Location of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
Navodaya Vidyalayas are located in rural areas across the country. The State Gov. is to offer cost free land and rent free temporary buildings for the setting up of a Navodaya Vidyalaya.